Cranapple Upside-Down Cake
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ½ cup margarine or butter, melted
- 2 large apples, peeled, sliced
- 1 cup Mrs. Gerry’s Cranberry Orange Relish, drained
- 1 (16 oz.) package pound cake mix
- ¾ cup water
- 2 eggs
- Whipped topping (optional)
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease two 9-inch round cake pans. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and margarine; mix well. Divide between 2 pans; spread over bottom of pans. Arrange apple slices over brown sugar mixture. Divide Mrs. Gerry's Cranberry Orange Relish between 2 pans; spread over apples.
In a large bowl, combine cake mix, water and eggs; mix 2-3 minutes. Divide between 2 pans and spread evenly. Bake at 350°F for 45-50 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched in center and toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pan 2 minutes. Invert onto cakes plates. Cool 20 minutes. Serve warm or cool with whipped topping, if desired. Enjoy!