Our Sombrero Pasta is a sweet and spicy Mexican-inspired salad. Add in ground beef and extra cheese, and you have a hearty entree everyone will love. Make it extra special by topping it off with sour cream, salsa and crushed corn chips.
- 1 (5 lb.) container Mrs. Gerry's Sombrero Pasta Salad
- 2 lbs. ground beef, browned, crumbled and drained
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 (15 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 12 oz. shredded Cheddar Jack cheese
- Sour cream, salsa and crushed corn chips (optional)
- Brown ground beef with salt; drain off grease.
- Combine all ingredients in a large saucepan, and heat over medium low heat to 165° to 180°F, stirring often to prevent sticking.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spoon hot mixture into lightly greased 4-inch deep half pan. Spread with Cheddar Jack cheese.
- Bake at 375°F for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately with sour cream, salsa and crushed corn chips, sprinkled on top.