Guidelines for Maintaining Product Quality
- Do not leave unrefrigerated (i.e. on dock).
- Store at temperatures between 33 °F and 39 °F.
- Minimum exposure to U.V. light (i.e., fluorescent).
- DO NOT OPEN until ready to use.
**NOTE: Code date is valid only on products handled according to the above guidelines.
- Mark “Opened Date” on label when product is first opened. Count 7 days (including opening day) and mark on the label “Dispose of Date”. The product must be disposed of on that date.**
- Return to the cooler (in corrugated case) as soon as possible.
- Practice good hygiene. Wash hands with approved sanitizing hand cleaner.
- Sanitize utensils used for serving or repacking product with 50 PPM chlorine, or 12.5 PPM iodine sanitize solution (1 tsp chlorine bleach per gallon of water equals 50PPM chlorine).
- Containers to be used for repacking should be stored where they are protected from contamination (i.e., sealed in plastic bags).
**NOTE: Regulation from the State Department of Agriculture and the State Board of Health.