|CRANAPPLE UPSIDE-DOWN CAKE|
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ½ cup margarine or butter, melted
- 2 large apples, peeled, sliced
- 1 cup MRS. GERRY’S CRANBERRY ORANGE RELISH, drained
- 1-16 oz. pkg. pound cake mix
- ¾ cup water
- 2 eggs
- whipped topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease 2-9 inch round cake pans. In small bowl, combine brown sugar and margarine; mix well. Divide between 2 pans; spread over bottom of pans. Arrange apple slices over brown sugar mixture. Divide Cranberry Orange Relish between 2 pans; spread over apples.
- In large mixer bowl, combine cake mix, water and eggs; mix 2-3 minutes. Divide between 2 pans and spread evenly.
- Bake at 350ºF for 45-55 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched in center, and toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pan 2 minutes. Invert onto cake plates. Cool 20 minutes. Serve warm or cool with whipped topping, if desired. Makes 16 servings.