|CHOCOLATE CRANBERRY TORTE|
- 1 chocolate cake mix
- ⅔ cup raspberry syrup
- 2 lbs. MRS. GERRY’S CRANBERRY CHEESECAKE
- chocolate syrup or hot fudge (optional)
- Prepare cake according to pkg. directions, pouring batter into 2-9 inch round cake pans. Bake, cool 10 minutes, then turn out of pans onto cooling rack. Cool completely. Freeze layers for 30-60 minutes. Slice each cake into two layers. Level off one of the top layers, so it’s flat (eat the cake trimmings!).
- Place one layer of cake on cake plate. Drizzle with about ¼ of the raspberry syrup; spread evenly over cake. Spread about ¼ of the Cranberry Cheesecake over cake. Top with another layer of cake, and repeat syrup and Cheesecake steps. Repeat with remaining layers, using the rounded cake layer as the top.
- Chill to 33º to 39ºF. Cut into wedges. If desired, drizzle with chocolate syrup or hot fudge just before serving. Makes 12-16 servings.